6/7/07

its all in the title



I watched this documentary by Eugene Jarecki last night with Eve and though it was pretty damn good. It sure did reaffirm many of the thoughts that I already had around the machine that is the Defense Department and bridged a couple of the gaps that I hadn't for myself.

Basically the movie is based on Eisenhower's Presidential farewell speech about the pending (basically imminent) military industrial complex that United States was facing with the cold war, Vietnam, ectera. Now they sort of stuff the term down your throat and it claims to be neutral, bi-partisan, or whatever the new flavor of the month politically correct term is. I think its pretty fair but most would say it errors on the side of blueish-green. So right down my alley! Give it a try, its something to talk about at your next barbecue.

*****************Update******************
The proof is in the pudding..............

No comments: