11/21/07

alright already, I'll blog.....

So after a few blog comments and a texted "WTF, I thought you're dead" messages I figured I best get off my ass an type something in here. Lets start with the highlights...

Found a new place to live, check
Packed my shit, check
Drove a semi up to my new place of residence, check
Unpacked most of my shit to a friend's basement, check
Started working again, check
Found a dirty Chinese take out joint, check
Found an amazing Italian joint, check
Sold my old house, almost checked
Snow, check

So being in a location that has seasons again is a welcome return to something I once knew well. During the morning jog it smells like cottonwood trees, I see pheasants and prairie dogs, and hear geese and train whistles. It reminds me a lot of Montana and my youth which is quite soothing for some reason. E and I live within 30 minutes of downtown Denver and have not had the slightest urning to go to the city, well that is a lie, we did wanted to go to football game or two, but still no desire to be in the city. Living in the city almost feels like a distant past already, I think I've finally got my urban dwelling out of my system. It only took a decade or so it seems. So I'll leave with you a few pictures of our neighborhood, the running trail, and the Honda braving the elements.



3 comments:

Tom said...

don't trust fat Chinese food cooks....

don't trust skinny Italian food cooks...

Don't become a Bronco's fan... your better then that....

You should get a lift kit and mud tires for the honda... you know to fit in and drive around the snow...

your pictures aren't helping me in my case of missing 7k ft heights and trees.

Curtis said...

Is that a one street town?
It sure looks like a one street town.
Who's house is at the end of the street?

Evey Marievey said...

Are you worried that MY husband would become a Broncos fan??? Seriously? That would be tantamount to beating me each morning because I've burned his toast. I'd never let it happen!